Friday, August 27, 2010

Mr. 9mm

" There's a passage I got memorized. Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the week through the valley of darkness. For he is truely his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you. "
"I been sayin' that shit for years. And if you ever heard it, that meant your ass. I never gave much thought to what it meant. I just thought it was a cold-blooded thing to say to a motherfucker before I popped a cap in his ass. But I saw some shit this mornin' made me think twice. See, now I'm thinkin': maybe it means your the evil man. And I'm the rightoeus man. And Mr. 9mm here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous ass in the valley of darkness. Or it could mean your the righteous man and I'm the shepherd and it's the world that's evil and selfish. And I'd like that. But that shit aint the truth. The truth is your the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd."

Jules- PULP FICTION

Just one of them days. This quote from the movie describes how I feel on many day. Working on my recovery, which is at 5 years now, lends me to good days and bad. Obviously, on the bad days I need to work harder to not be the "tyranny of evil men". Even on the good days, it's still work. The world does appear to be selfish and evil and many of the people in it I can see right through. I try not to keep those people close to me, but sometimes they sneak in anyhow.

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Hmmmmmm..........

No comments:

Post a Comment